Welcome

The REAL TeaseMaid since 2011! Take a peep at my blog: a sweet and sexy cocktail of Tea and Tease, a cupcake and cream-tea blog with a burlesque twist. Let's face it, afternoon tea is the most fun you can have with your clothes on! So read on for some tasty tit-bits that you're not gonna get from the 'old dears' at The Tea Guild.... ;-) If you fancy coming along to my monthly Clandestine Cake Club, see the link below. And don't forget to check out the date of my next 'Avon' retro cosmetic party "Cake It On".... Love from The TeaseMaid xox


Wednesday 1 February 2012

"Love Makes the World go Round": 14 day Charity Countdown
Valentine’s Day is traditionally the day we declare our love to our partners or the people we’re admiring from afar. For me, Valentine’s Day has never been limited to just that – I send messages to members of my family to show I’m thinking of them, and I spend the evening in with girlfriends, watching kitsch movies, eating chocolates and drinking pink fizz. It has become more commercial over the years, so I think it’s time to strip it back to its basic message of love and remove all the trappings. This year I’ve organised an event on the 14th Feb to help raise awareness of heart health and raise money for the British Heart Foundation. That got me thinking….what other ‘relevant’ charities are there that people could be made aware of at this time of year? And it also fits in with my plan to organise more ‘ChariTEAs’ this year…
From my days in Amnesty International and my recent involvement in other campaigns, I decided to compile a list of my most worthy charities loosely connected to Valentine’s day in a 14 Day countdown extravaganza called ‘Love Makes The World Go Round’. So if you agree with what I’m doing, then please re-post the basic details and take the time to check out the more in-depth information on my blog as I post the charities daily. Thanks!J

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog content