Welcome

The REAL TeaseMaid since 2011! Take a peep at my blog: a sweet and sexy cocktail of Tea and Tease, a cupcake and cream-tea blog with a burlesque twist. Let's face it, afternoon tea is the most fun you can have with your clothes on! So read on for some tasty tit-bits that you're not gonna get from the 'old dears' at The Tea Guild.... ;-) If you fancy coming along to my monthly Clandestine Cake Club, see the link below. And don't forget to check out the date of my next 'Avon' retro cosmetic party "Cake It On".... Love from The TeaseMaid xox


Sunday 19 February 2012

Tea and Cake in the 'Refreshment Room' at Milford Station, February 1945....
So Last night I had an amazing time with the fabulous Mia, Ali and Zara at Crimson Heart (@CrimsonHeart1) I was able to spend my Saturday night doing the one thing I like best....dressing up. 
And not just in any old costume: 1940's style with Victory Rolls, pussy bow dress and more....my favourite!


Thanks to Secret Cinema's new expansion known as The Other Cinema, I spent my evening with the characters from Brief Encounter. I was surrounded by the mouth-watering smell of freshly made popcorn, not the 3 week old crap you get at your local Odeon (that they serve you from bin-bags by the way) and transported to a world of ushers, security guards and refreshment room customers in full vintage clothing. The 1930's grandeur of the Troxy on Commercial Road was the venue of choice tonight, but there will be a different one every month.


My only experience of this venue so far has been for the cage-fighting, so it was fantastic to see the features brought to life by the burlesque acts, the chairoscuro of the projector and the live band. And it was even better after the movie when the floor opened up to swing dancing....I was terrified of being flicked in the eye by a fur stole! 


I genuinely can't think of a better way to see a film than being totally immersed in it in this way and I suggest you check out http://www.futurecinema.co.uk/news.html to see where the next one will be held xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog content